Another week another big BBeliever story. This time it was about patients dying at a hospital because they shut off power for Earth Hour. Most of the BBelievers appeared on Fark or in the comments on BBspot itself. I'll highlight some of the better ones....
*How insensitive can this hospital be? You got to be freaking kidding me. I hope that they get their butts sued off.
*"The dead patients will no longer use any energy, and actually will be turned into energy in our patient incinerator".
WTF? Why are these hospital administrators not in jail for this?
* Earth Hour? Please, this is feel-good public relations garbage. Leave it to San Fransisco to employ a hospital director who's "pleased" fifteen people died because the power was cut for what amounts to zero impact upon the ecological situations plaguing the planet.
What a travesty, and waste of human life.
* This is a hoax article. It's entirely not true and the author would be smart to remove it or face legal trouble.
Google the article title. There are NO other sources for this.
* According to UCSF's employees list (SF General is a teaching hospital run by the University of California, San Francisco) at http://directory.ucsf.edu/ neither "Heart surgeon Dr. Gregory Morris" or "hospital administrator Lawrence Cho" exist.
Also, none of the San Francisco media is reporting anything of the sort. I call utter bullshit.
* To those posting comments of shock...
THIS NEVER HAPPENED. The part of you that thought, this can't be... was correct. Is it gullibility or a desire for worst case scenarios?
Why the writer chose to author such a preposterous work of fiction is beyond comprehension. One can only assume he still has issues stemming from school days. Jealous of the cool kids, perhaps.
Why does right-wing humor always involve death and suffering? Because the stupid have trouble with empathy
I do hope the writer remembers this article when he is in his last moments, relying on the very people he mocks and insults in this badly written mock news story. Perhaps they will remember it too, and decide to have a very localized Earth Hour- limited to only the writers room...
Right-wing humor? WTF? First of all, that's an oxymoron. Second, I'm about as far from the right-wing as is possible. The article was crafted to snag right-wing BBelievers and make them look stupid. San Francisco? Earth Hour? Look there's one right here...
* YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME????????? WELL JUST WANT OBAMA WANTED!! WHAT'S NEXT ????? ALL THE NEWBORNS???????? THIS COUNTRY IS GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL FASTER THAN IT EVER HAS BEFORE, AND YOU'VE GOT OBAMA TO THANK FOR IT.
*every important equipment in hospitals have backup power, how can that happen?
The article explicitly states they were disabled.
*This is the worst story ever reported. I'm smelling a lawsuit soon. What heartless people would turn off power for an hour to conserve our energy, while patients are trusting them for help, yet their killed. It sounds so ironic.
There are a few more in the comments if you want to check them out yourself.
And now for some other message boards...